find a natural cure
"Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open." - B.K.S. Iyengar
Complementary & Alternative Medicines
Complementary and alternative medicine has never been more popular. Nearly 40 percent of adults report using complementary and alternative medicine, also called CAM for short. Doctors are embracing CAM therapies, too, often combining them with mainstream medical therapies - spawning the term "integrative medicine."
“Complementary medicine” is a term that was coined in the early 1990s to describe the coordinated use of integrative modalities along with conventional medical treatment.
“Alternative medicine” refers to an intervention that takes the place of conventional medical treatment.
“Integrative medicine” is a specialty field of medical care and a newer term that emphasizes the integration of complementary therapies and conventional treatments.
Ask Your Doctor or Nurse
There are several integrative modalities, supplements, and interventions that may be helpful for patients with cancer and cancer survivors. Patients should talk with their healthcare providers about using any modalities and supplements before starting to use them. Although many integrative modalities are helpful, keeping safe is the most important part of your care, so always ask when in doubt.
- Secret Documents Reveal FDA’s Attack on...by Dr. Mercola on October 25, 2021 at 12:00 am
In early September 2021, Oklahoma’s KFOR news ran a falsified story about emergency rooms being […]
- Bill Gates Is This Country's Biggest Farmland...by Dr. Mercola on October 25, 2021 at 12:00 am
This article was previously published January 25, 2021, and has been updated with new information. […]
- Ivermectin vs. Merck's New Antiviral, Molnupiravirby Dr. Mercola on October 25, 2021 at 12:00 am
In the video above retired nurse lecturer John Campbell, Ph.D., reports on a comparative analysis […]
- Chinese Defector Reveals COVID Originby Dr. Mercola on October 24, 2021 at 12:00 am
Today, we continue our discussion of the COVID-19 pandemic and its origin with a fascinating guest […]
- Argentinian Doctor Shares His Ivermectin...by Dr. Mercola on October 24, 2021 at 12:00 am
In this interview, we continue the COVID-19 discussion with a medical expert from Argentina, […]
- Is White Rice Healthy?by Katie Wells on October 22, 2021 at 1:00 pm
White rice. It is a controversial food in nutrition circles. On the one hand, some nutritionists […]
- 489: Deanna Byck on Carbon Offsets, Climate...by Katie Wells on October 21, 2021 at 11:00 am
Today’s episode is a little different than our usual health topics and I’m excited to explore […]
- 5 Effective Natural Ways to Remedy Athlete’s...by Katie Wells on October 20, 2021 at 1:34 pm
It’s no secret that we’re all about natural remedies around here. Every mom should have a few […]
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipeby Katie Wells on October 19, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Brussels sprouts… the dreaded vegetable of childhood! However, cooked the right way, these can […]
- 488: Laila Ali on Mindset From World Championship...by Katie Wells on October 18, 2021 at 11:00 am
This podcast was so much fun to record! I’m here with Laila Ali, my personal friend and a former […]