Natural treatments & remedies
"Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open." - B.K.S. Iyengar
Complementary & Alternative Medicines
Complementary and alternative medicine has never been more popular. Nearly 40 percent of adults report using complementary and alternative medicine, also called CAM for short. Doctors are embracing CAM therapies, too, often combining them with mainstream medical therapies - spawning the term "integrative medicine."
“Complementary medicine” is a term that was coined in the early 1990s to describe the coordinated use of integrative modalities along with conventional medical treatment.
“Alternative medicine” refers to an intervention that takes the place of conventional medical treatment.
“Integrative medicine” is a specialty field of medical care and a newer term that emphasizes the integration of complementary therapies and conventional treatments.
Ask Your Doctor or Nurse
There are several integrative modalities, supplements, and interventions that may be helpful for patients with cancer and cancer survivors. Patients should talk with their healthcare providers about using any modalities and supplements before starting to use them. Although many integrative modalities are helpful, keeping safe is the most important part of your care, so always ask when in doubt.
- Vaccine Trial Shows Promise Against Candida...on March 29, 2023 at 2:51 pm
Although relatively rare, C. auris infections can lead to death for between 30% to 70% of those at […]
- Flu Boosts Short-Term Odds for Heart Attack 6-Foldon March 29, 2023 at 2:10 pm
A new study finds a heart attack is six times more likely in the week after a person is diagnosed […]
- Having Asthma, Eczema Might Raise Arthritis Riskon March 29, 2023 at 2:00 pm
From a new study, the risk of osteoarthritis was even higher among people who had both allergic […]
- Weight Loss Benefits Persist Even After Regaining...on March 28, 2023 at 6:03 pm
A new analysis gives a promising answer to the weight loss question: Is it better to have lost and […]
- Bias, Lack of Access Make Long COVID Worse for...on March 28, 2023 at 5:36 pm
An emerging body of evidence suggests that Black and Hispanic patients are more likely to get long […]
- New and Noteworthy: What I Read This...by Mark Sisson on March 24, 2023 at 7:05 pm
Research of the Week High cord levels of unmetabolized folic acid (from fortification and synthetic […]
- New and Noteworthy: What I Read This...by Mark Sisson on March 17, 2023 at 6:51 pm
Research of the Week Semaglutide fails to improve or resolve non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. […]
- New and Noteworthy: What I Read This...by Mark Sisson on March 10, 2023 at 8:47 pm
Research of the Week Chili pepper consumption linked to more gastric cancer in North America, […]
- Whey Protein: What It is and Why You Need Itby Mark Sisson on March 8, 2023 at 6:34 pm
When most people think about whey protein, they think about building muscle. Protein shakes at the […]
- How to Gradually Reduce Carbs to Reach Ketosisby Mark Sisson on March 7, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Sometimes folks who are interested in losing weight or getting healthier get so focused on the […]
Copyright 2022 by True Health Digest. All rights reserved.
This site is not a part of the Youtube website or Youtube Inc. Additionally, This site is NOT endorsed by Youtube in any way. YOUTUBE is a trademark of YOUTUBE, Inc.