Natural treatments & remedies
"Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open." - B.K.S. Iyengar
Complementary & Alternative Medicines
Complementary and alternative medicine has never been more popular. Nearly 40 percent of adults report using complementary and alternative medicine, also called CAM for short. Doctors are embracing CAM therapies, too, often combining them with mainstream medical therapies - spawning the term "integrative medicine."
“Complementary medicine” is a term that was coined in the early 1990s to describe the coordinated use of integrative modalities along with conventional medical treatment.
“Alternative medicine” refers to an intervention that takes the place of conventional medical treatment.
“Integrative medicine” is a specialty field of medical care and a newer term that emphasizes the integration of complementary therapies and conventional treatments.
Ask Your Doctor or Nurse
There are several integrative modalities, supplements, and interventions that may be helpful for patients with cancer and cancer survivors. Patients should talk with their healthcare providers about using any modalities and supplements before starting to use them. Although many integrative modalities are helpful, keeping safe is the most important part of your care, so always ask when in doubt.
- Struggling to Focus? Try Video Gameson November 23, 2022 at 4:36 pm
You may know that video games can help kids with ADHD, but growing research suggests they could aid […]
- Thanksgiving Kitchen Safety Tips for the Whole...on November 23, 2022 at 4:35 pm
Here are tips to keep even the youngest members of the family safe during meal preparation.
- What to Know About Your Health Insurer’s...on November 23, 2022 at 3:46 pm
How do drug formularies work? Learn more about your health insurer's list of preferred drugs and […]
- A NY Hospital System Has a Big-Time Chef Making...on November 23, 2022 at 2:28 pm
From the moment you walk into the massive kitchen at Northern Westchester Hospital, you quickly […]
- Fauci Urges Americans 'One Last Time' to Get...on November 22, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Anthony Fauci, MD, stood at the White House press briefing podium “one last time” as he bid […]
- What to Eat Before a Workoutby Mark Sisson on November 23, 2022 at 7:16 pm
Pre-workout nutrition is one of those areas where people love to lose themselves in the minutiae. […]
- New and Noteworthy: What I Read This...by Mark Sisson on November 18, 2022 at 6:13 pm
Research of the Week Time-restricted eating combined with low-carb dieting is more potent than […]
- My Early Morning Routineby Mark Sisson on November 16, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Morning is a sacred time for me. When our kids were still living with us, morning was the only time […]
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Uses and Benefitsby Mark Sisson on November 15, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Ah, peppermint. It’s a classic scent and flavor that just about everyone enjoys. What are your […]
- New and Noteworthy: What I Read This...by Mark Sisson on November 11, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Research of the Week Non-nutritive components of ultra processed foods are likely causes of […]
Copyright 2022 by True Health Digest. All rights reserved.
This site is not a part of the Youtube website or Youtube Inc. Additionally, This site is NOT endorsed by Youtube in any way. YOUTUBE is a trademark of YOUTUBE, Inc.