find a natural cure
"Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open." - B.K.S. Iyengar
Complementary & Alternative Medicines
Complementary and alternative medicine has never been more popular. Nearly 40 percent of adults report using complementary and alternative medicine, also called CAM for short. Doctors are embracing CAM therapies, too, often combining them with mainstream medical therapies - spawning the term "integrative medicine."
“Complementary medicine” is a term that was coined in the early 1990s to describe the coordinated use of integrative modalities along with conventional medical treatment.
“Alternative medicine” refers to an intervention that takes the place of conventional medical treatment.
“Integrative medicine” is a specialty field of medical care and a newer term that emphasizes the integration of complementary therapies and conventional treatments.
Ask Your Doctor or Nurse
There are several integrative modalities, supplements, and interventions that may be helpful for patients with cancer and cancer survivors. Patients should talk with their healthcare providers about using any modalities and supplements before starting to use them. Although many integrative modalities are helpful, keeping safe is the most important part of your care, so always ask when in doubt.
- FDA Gives 'Qualified' Nod to Magnesium for Blood...by Dr. Mercola on January 24, 2022 at 12:00 am
Guy Johnson, Ph.D., principal at Johnson Nutrition Solutions LLC, filed a petition with the FDA in […]
- Liars, Propagandists and The Great Resetby Dr. Mercola on January 24, 2022 at 12:00 am
January 12, 2022, “Rising” cohost Ryan Grim reviewed the content of the National Institutes of […]
- The Real Pandemic Is Insulin Resistanceby Dr. Mercola on January 24, 2022 at 12:00 am
This article was previously published May 4, 2020, and has been updated with new information. […]
- How to Win the War Against Tyrannyby Dr. Mercola on January 23, 2022 at 12:00 am
Pam Popper is the president of Wellness Forum Health and cofounder of Make Americans Free Again, […]
- Dave Asprey — How Ketones May Be Useful Against...by Dr. Mercola on January 23, 2022 at 12:00 am
This article was previously published June 7, 2020, and has been updated with new information. […]
- What Is the Carnivore Diet?by Katie Wells on January 21, 2022 at 4:30 pm
The Paleo diet has taken the world by storm over the past decade, but different versions of this […]
- 515: Dr. Michael J. Breus on How to Energize by...by Katie Wells on January 20, 2022 at 12:00 pm
This podcast is all about how to improve your energy and energize your life by understanding […]
- Natural Bathroom Cleaningby Katie Wells on January 19, 2022 at 3:50 pm
It seems that if I’m not cleaning the kitchen, I’m cleaning the bathroom. Bathrooms can take a […]
- Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe (+ Iced Option)by Katie Wells on January 18, 2022 at 2:30 pm
It’s coffee shop drink makeover time! I always feel so satisfied when I come up with a delicious […]
- 514: Teri Cochrane on How Genes, Viruses,...by Katie Wells on January 17, 2022 at 2:53 pm
I’m here with the brilliant Teri Cochrane, founder of the Global Sustainable Health Institute and […]