Natural treatments & remedies
"Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open." - B.K.S. Iyengar
Complementary & Alternative Medicines
Complementary and alternative medicine has never been more popular. Nearly 40 percent of adults report using complementary and alternative medicine, also called CAM for short. Doctors are embracing CAM therapies, too, often combining them with mainstream medical therapies - spawning the term "integrative medicine."
“Complementary medicine” is a term that was coined in the early 1990s to describe the coordinated use of integrative modalities along with conventional medical treatment.
“Alternative medicine” refers to an intervention that takes the place of conventional medical treatment.
“Integrative medicine” is a specialty field of medical care and a newer term that emphasizes the integration of complementary therapies and conventional treatments.
Ask Your Doctor or Nurse
There are several integrative modalities, supplements, and interventions that may be helpful for patients with cancer and cancer survivors. Patients should talk with their healthcare providers about using any modalities and supplements before starting to use them. Although many integrative modalities are helpful, keeping safe is the most important part of your care, so always ask when in doubt.
- More Time Outdoors May Mean Less Need for...on February 6, 2023 at 6:36 pm
Urban dwellers who frequently visit green spaces, such as parks and community gardens, have a lower […]
- Childhood Cancer Survivor Now Works to Help...on February 6, 2023 at 5:41 pm
A cancer survivor as a child, Maggie Rogers now works with the American Cancer Society to help […]
- An Action Plan for Cold or Flu + COVID-19on February 4, 2023 at 4:52 pm
It’s possible to catch COVID-19 and a cold or flu at the same time. Here are tips on how to feel […]
- Deer Carry COVID Variants No Longer Seen in Peopleon February 3, 2023 at 6:08 pm
A new study finds the viruses mutated in deer, which suggests variants had likely been circulating […]
- Three Wild Technologies About to Change Health...on February 3, 2023 at 5:59 pm
If you thought AI was remarkable, just wait until you see these.
- New and Noteworthy: What I Read This...by Mark Sisson on February 3, 2023 at 7:10 pm
Research of the Week No clear evidence that masks help against or prevent infection from […]
- What is Abdominal Bracing and How to Do It?by Mark Sisson on February 1, 2023 at 4:00 pm
When most people think about lifting weights, they think about their biceps, triceps, shoulders, […]
- What Is Cryotherapy And Should You Try It?by Mark Sisson on January 31, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Technically, “cryotherapy” refers to any method of using cold therapeutically. Icing a sprained […]
- New and Noteworthy: What I Read This...by Mark Sisson on January 27, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Research of the Week Boron helps against COVID. Your fat cells know when you haven't gotten […]
- How do Potatoes Fit in a Primal Diet?by Mark Sisson on January 25, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Potatoes get a bad rap in many different health and diet communities. The keto and low-carb crowd […]
Copyright 2022 by True Health Digest. All rights reserved.
This site is not a part of the Youtube website or Youtube Inc. Additionally, This site is NOT endorsed by Youtube in any way. YOUTUBE is a trademark of YOUTUBE, Inc.