Natural treatments & remedies
"Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open." - B.K.S. Iyengar
Complementary & Alternative Medicines
Complementary and alternative medicine has never been more popular. Nearly 40 percent of adults report using complementary and alternative medicine, also called CAM for short. Doctors are embracing CAM therapies, too, often combining them with mainstream medical therapies - spawning the term "integrative medicine."
“Complementary medicine” is a term that was coined in the early 1990s to describe the coordinated use of integrative modalities along with conventional medical treatment.
“Alternative medicine” refers to an intervention that takes the place of conventional medical treatment.
“Integrative medicine” is a specialty field of medical care and a newer term that emphasizes the integration of complementary therapies and conventional treatments.
Ask Your Doctor or Nurse
There are several integrative modalities, supplements, and interventions that may be helpful for patients with cancer and cancer survivors. Patients should talk with their healthcare providers about using any modalities and supplements before starting to use them. Although many integrative modalities are helpful, keeping safe is the most important part of your care, so always ask when in doubt.
- Targeted Drug May Lower Odds for Breast Cancer's...on June 6, 2023 at 5:35 pm
A new clinical trial shows adding a targeted breast cancer drug to hormonal therapy reduced the […]
- Some Cancer Patients Might Safely Skip Radiation...on June 6, 2023 at 4:37 pm
New clinical trials shows radiation therapy might not be necessary in treating some forms of rectal […]
- Does Your Kid Need a Summer Vacation From...on June 5, 2023 at 9:18 pm
An expert suggests parents should focus on their child’s behavior toward their phone. If […]
- ASCO President Eric Winer on Partnering With the...on June 5, 2023 at 7:53 pm
Studies prove that patients receive better care when they have a bond with their medical team. […]
- Loneliness Can Cut Survival After a Cancer...on June 5, 2023 at 5:44 pm
New research suggests that cancer survivors who feel lonely may be more likely to die than […]
- New and Noteworthy: What I Read This...by Mark Sisson on June 2, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Research of the Week Being a morning person is strongly linked to greater life satisfaction.. The […]
- New and Noteworthy: What I Read This...by Mark Sisson on May 26, 2023 at 8:23 pm
Research of the Week Keto beats the DASH diet for type 2 diabetics and hypertension. After the Out […]
- How to Do A Plank Properlyby Mark Sisson on May 25, 2023 at 6:57 pm
The core does not only exist to contract or bend over and over again, to twist and rotate, but also […]
- New and Noteworthy: What I Read This...by Mark Sisson on May 20, 2023 at 12:00 am
Research of the Week Magnesium: important for COVID (also). Even if you're a "night owl," it's […]
- Benefits of Ketoby Mark Sisson on May 19, 2023 at 5:02 pm
A little appreciated (but important) fact: for most of human history, the average person would have […]
Copyright 2022 by True Health Digest. All rights reserved.
This site is not a part of the Youtube website or Youtube Inc. Additionally, This site is NOT endorsed by Youtube in any way. YOUTUBE is a trademark of YOUTUBE, Inc.